March 23, 2016

Marine Mammal Professional Internship

This morning I received the phone call that I have been dreaming about for years - I officially accepted a position as the Marine Mammal Intern with the Walt Disney Company starting in June! Words cannot even begin to describe how excited I am for this opportunity. I've been dreaming about this internship for as long as I can remember. I cannot believe that my dreams are finally coming true!!!

Last week my dashboard status changed to "post-interview stage" for the marine mammal position. Then, I received an email late last night to set up a "brief phone conversation" to further discuss my position. I had a pretty good idea this meant good news, but I was still really nervous!! Finally, around 10:00 this morning I received a phone call from the recruiter. We went over basic information about the applications I submitted, verified a lot of information, and then at the end of the conversation she let me know that the Marine Mammal team wanted to offer me the position!! 

So, beginning June 8, 2016, I will officially be moving to Orlando and starting work as the Marine Mammal Intern at The Seas in Epcot!! I have dreamed about this opportunity for so many years, and I am so thrilled to share my journey with you all!!

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

2 comments: