February 10, 2014

Resume Writing

On Friday morning, I attended a course on resume writing led by the Disney College Program Education team. The course itself wasn't too exciting or thrilling, but the information I learned from it was extremely helpful! I figured out that I will actually have to rewrite the majority of my resume to make it seem more professional and more job-oriented. 

The course was an overview to writing an effective resume. We talked about dos and don'ts, best practices, how to cite the DCP on your resume, and many more things! The instructor was super energetic and he really knew what he was talking about. He gave us a lot of examples and answered every question. My favorite part of the course was when he showed us data from an experiment. The data showed where recruiters eyes spent the most time on a resume, which was so interesting. The moral of the story was to keep your resume clean, leave white space, and have a format that draws the readers' eyes all the way to the bottom of the page. 

As a bonus, the teacher of the course is also my instructor for my Environmentality and Sustainability Course, which I start on Thursday, so I know that I'm really going to enjoy that already!

As always, if you have any specific questions about the course or anything I learned during it, don't hesitate to let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment