February 15, 2014

The First Long Shift...

Today was the first 10 hour shift that I worked during my whole College Program thus far. Honestly, I was so nervous because I'm usually tired after my 6 and 8 hour shifts, so I didn't know how I would manage 10 hours, but after surviving it, I can truly say that it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting! Sure, it was a long day, but because we had so many shows (7) and the park was a lot busier than it has been (President's Day Weekend), the day went by pretty quickly and I was busy most of the time.

My shift was also split up by a training session. I worked four hours at Nemo, then had a Safety in Motion course, and then worked four more hours at Nemo. Safety in Motion was a class that just informs new Cast Members about how to safely move, lift, and carry things so that you don't injure or harm yourself while working. It was a little boring, but it was a nice break in the middle of my day, and some of the information I can use while working!

All in all, I survived my first long shift! I was able to have a lot of guest interaction, work at a lot of different positions, and make a lot of money (always a plus!).

No comments:

Post a Comment