February 8, 2016

Professional Internship Questionnaires

On Thursday afternoon I was fortunate enough to move on to the next step of the professional internship application process - the questionnaire! I received an email from the Animals, Science and Environment Talent Management Team letting me know that they had received my application from the Disney Campus Recruitment team and that I had passed the initial screening process. It then went to answer some FAQs (program timeline, requirements, etc.) and then ask for me to fill out and return the attached questionnaires. I was so thankful to see three questionnaires attached to the email, because that means I moved on in the process for all three of the internships I applied for!

The questionnaires were essentially asking for me to elaborate on my resume. For each position it listed the basic requirements that you have to meet in order to be able to qualify for the internship. I had to check off that I met the requirements and then it gave me space below several of them to explain how I met them. Essentially, this was just elaborating on my experience and letting the team know how I have used it to prepare for this internship opportunity.

It took me about 2 hours to complete all three questionnaires. I checked them over numerous times and even called my mom and read them aloud to her to make sure they sounded professional! I'm so thankful to have family that is supporting me through this whole process - it makes the application and waiting periods much less stressful!

I'm currently waiting to hear confirmation from the ASE Talent Management Team that they received my questionnaires. Several people did hear today, but they all applied Thursday night and I didn't send mine in until Friday afternoon. I had a really busy Thursday with several meetings and a lot of homework, so I waited until Friday to submit them so I had the time to sit down and actually think about how to best answer each question. I'm hoping to hear confirmation tomorrow (Tuesday), but I'm trying not to stress myself out about it too much - I have faith that they received them and are processing them!

One more thing about the questionnaires that I want to stress is that Animal Programs applicants are the only ones who receive them! Most of the other positions have phone screens with recruiters. I would equate the questionnaire to a phone screen in that you're just elaborating on your experience and trying to let recruiting know why you're the best one for the job!

If you have any specific questions about any point thus far in the application process, feel free to let me know! I'll be keeping you posted on this magical journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment