February 2, 2016

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting

So it's been over a week now since my last post discussing my professional internship applications. Absolutely nothing has changed, but I wanted to check in and let people know that I'm still here, still waiting, and still as excited as ever!

I'm still "in progress" for my College Program. "In progress" is typically a good sign. It means that your application has been reviewed and you are still in the running as a qualified applicant. For me, I've already completed my WBI and phone interview, so the next step in the process will be a decision. Today marks three weeks since the applications opened (20 days since I applied) and yesterday was two weeks after the first interview. I anticipate that acceptances will start going out very soon (hopefully this week), and I pray that I will be one of the lucky ones accepted again!

As far as my Professional Internships (PIs) go, I'm still "in submission". Submission isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's also not as good as "in progress." Submission typically means they haven't had time to look at your application yet OR they need more time to review your application to see if they want you to move on with the process. In my case, it seems as though everyone who has applied to Animal Programs internships is still in submission. My interpretation of that is that the Animal Programs team just hasn't had time to go over applications yet. People from previous years are saying that it took them 4-5 weeks to get an interview with Animal Programs, so I'm not too worried yet. I would love to see some movement on my Dashboard (Disney's communication system), but I'm going to stay calm until more time has passed. It's only been 8 days since I applied for PIs, so there is still plenty of time for things to happen/change. My understanding of the PI process is that is is much longer and more drawn out than the college program process.

UPDATE: As of 12 PM on February 2nd, I became "In progress" for all three of my professional internships! I guess all it took was me posting about the waiting game for some movement to happen!

So, I find myself playing the waiting game yet again. My advice to all of you who are joining me in this (agonizing) game of waiting is to stay calm and stay positive! It's a good sign if you are still in the running! Check your dashboard/email a few times a day, but don't consistently refresh it all day. It will only make you more crazy and it doesn't change when Disney will send out acceptances at all. One major thing I have learned as a Cast Member with the Walt Disney Company is that Disney does things when they want and how they want. The only thing we can do is wait - and have faith, trust, and pixie dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment