June 4, 2014

The Hub

The hub is basically the portal to all things Disney Cast Members. When you become a Cast Member with Disney, you are given a userid and password that allows you to log in to the website and get access to everything such as your work schedule, Cast discounts, special events, and many other things.

The two things I use The hub the most for are to check my schedule (it comes out every Sunday for the following week) and to request time off of my schedule. For example, this Thursday I am going home for a little over a week for my sister's high school graduation. When I first gained access to the hub in January, I immediately put the request in to have those days off. Immediately, the labor center approved Sunday-Friday, but they put me on the waitlist for Friday and Saturday. The waitlist means that the time requested is not available, but may become available. Eventually, I was approved for Friday as well, so by the time the schedule came out last week, I only was scheduled to work Saturday. Luckily, one of my coworkers was able to pick up my shift (which I requested through the hub as well) for Saturday so I now have the next nine (!) days off of work to go home, celebrate, and spend time with my family. Basically, the moral of the story with requesting time off on the hub is - DO IT EARLY! The earlier you request time off, the easier it is to get it approved.

You are also able to pick up extra hours on the hub. If there are any untrained positions that are available when you are not regularly scheduled to work, you can pick them up on the hub and add them to your weekly schedule. These include shifts like parade audience control, Fantasmic, special event greeters, and ESPN Wide World of Sports positions. These are a great way to get extra hours during the week, but they don't often show up, so it's important to pick them up right away if you want them and they are available!

The hub also has special Cast Member contests, gives information about costuming, shows your paycheck, details your record card information, and so many more things. It's one-stop-shopping for all things Cast Members could possibly need to know about anything Disney. I do have to admit that the hub is a bit difficult to navigate, so it takes some time to get used to, but once you get the hang of it, it is a wealth of information, and a necessary bookmark on your computer if you are a Cast Member!

No comments:

Post a Comment