June 16, 2014

Vacation Destination: Home!

This past week I was fortunate enough to have some time off so that I could fly home to Pennsylvania and help my sister celebrate her high school graduation! I requested the time off as soon as I got here in January, so by the time my week rolled around I was approved off for 6 out of the 7 days I requested. For the one day that I was scheduled, I gave away my shift, which meant I was free for all 7 days! However, I was able to squeeze some more time out of my vacation home by going home a day early (they scheduled me off that day) and then by staying an extra two days (they gave me off the second day, I called in the other day). So, all in all I was home for 11 days, and I enjoyed every minute of my time in PA.

It's funny to think that I left my normal vacation destination, Disney World, to go to home for a "vacation." However, I truly NEEDED the time away. I love Disney, I love being a Cast Member, and I love my life here, but I believe that we all need to step away for a while and have a break. This was my first time being home since January, which is the longest amount of time I've ever been away from home. It was so nice to see my extended family, friends, and my pets, and to be able to actually spend some quality time with them. I also enjoyed having my own room with a big bed!
Seeing my best friend for the first time since January
My cousins and I reunite at the graduation party
It was also really important to me that I was able to celebrate my sister's graduation with her. I was able to attend her awards ceremony, her graduation party, and her graduation ceremony. It was nice to be able to watch her finish her high school career, and I'm thankful to my parents for allowing me to come home (and paying for my airfare) so that I could be a part of the celebration!
My sister and I after her high school graduation
Being a part of the college program is an amazing experience, but it is nice to take a step back from all things Disney and college kids, and get back into the "real world" for a short period of time. I had a great trip home, but I am looking forward to my last SEVEN (can you believe it?!) weeks here in Orlando! Look for lots of upcoming posts about my end of program activities and all of the magical things that happen here in the happiest place on earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment