April 17, 2014

Earning My Mouseters Degree - Week 8

Week 8 of Environmentality and Sustainability - the last week of class. I had mixed emotions about this day: happy that I would finally get my two days off per week back, but sad because I truly did learn so much through the class and it was such a great experience. Nevertheless, week 8 was it, so this is how we wrapped things up.

Jeff, my teacher, had a "Green Team" Panel for the last week of class. Erin, the Wilderness Explorer's Manager, Karen, from Flights of Wonder, and Michelle, a talent planning manager for animals, sciences, and the environment came in to speak to us about how to break into the environmental field. They shared tips for your resume, interview hints, and what kind of skills it takes to be successful in these types of field. It was nice to hear from these three, especially because they all have great careers in things that I am interested in! It was fascinating to hear from Karen, as she is a trainer at the Flights of Wonder show (bird show). 

After the panel was over, we had a wrap-up session with Jeff. We talked about things we liked about the class, things we weren't too thrilled with, and things we wanted to see changed for the future. There was an overwhelming amount of feedback in favor of the field trips, so I guess I'm not the only one who loved getting our behind the scenes tours and information!

Finally, it was time to hand out our degrees and say goodbye. I not only earned my Mouseters Degree, but I also earned a Perfect Attendance too (signed by Mickey Mouse himself!)



All in all, this class was a wonderful experience. If any of you are interested in taking DCP classes in the future, I highly encourage you to try it! Take something that you are passionate about, and make the most of it! I definitely know that my DCP experience would have been totally different had it not been for environmentality and sustainability. 


2 comments:

  1. I am still in progress for the Fall/Fall Advantage 2014 program, but if I get in I would LOVE to take this class!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! It's so interesting and you learn a lot and make a lot of connections! Good luck with the application process! The DCP is an amazing experience.

      Delete