April 28, 2014

New Housing Arrangments

As I mentioned earlier, there are some things that happened in my Chatham Square apartment that I am not too happy about. In the middle of March we received an email about them adding furniture to our apartments within the next thirty days. To make a long, annoying story short, about two weeks ago they came into our apartment to install bunk beds in each room and then rearrange our existing furniture. Before the people came to install the furniture, we had to move everything out of our rooms, including removing our bedding. It was not a fun ordeal, especially since we all work 5 days a week. Moving our stuff out of our apartment was not what we had in mind to do with our time off. 

On the morning of the furniture installation, a person from the Disney team knocked on our apartment door around 9:15 to remind us that they were coming in a little while. I was annoyed because I was in the middle of taking my online test when she came. She offered me orange juice and a granola bar, a "peace offering" as I like to call it. I took four of each for my roommates and me and quickly shut the door and finished my test.

All in all, the furniture installation was done to make room for a third person in each bedroom. I am obviously not very happy about this, especially because there isn't room for a third person in our apartment. We don't have the closet space, a bathroom drawer, or dresser drawer space for a third roommate. Additionally, we don't have the room in our refrigerator and pantry to add two more people's things to the mix! These apartments just aren't designed for six people, period. To make room, they added a bunk bed in each bedroom and then lofted a single bed to put drawers underneath it. They moved our dresser to in between our beds and took out our nightstands, while my roommates Megan and Danielle got to keep their nightstands because their room is slightly bigger. 

I don't know if/when they are moving a third person in, but if/when it happens, you can bet that I will be one unhappy girl!

A word of advice to incoming DCP participants: DON'T PICK A CHATHAM 1 OR 2 BEDROOM! There are plenty of three bedroom apartments that house 6 people that are made for 6 people. The one and two bedroom apartments in Chatham are now housing 3 or 6 people, respectively, when they are not designed to do that. 

Here are some pictures of our new bedroom (excuse the mess), complete with bunk beds and all. The only good thing is that they added a third bulletin board, which meant I got to make a "Disney board" to decorate our room!

My side of the room, with a now lofted bed 
Allie's side with the new bunk beds
The dresser is now in the middle of our beds
Our new bulletin board behind the TV 
The drawers below my bed (there are 4)
Our new Disney bulletin board!

No comments:

Post a Comment