July 1, 2014

One Month Left

I'm actually cringing as I write this post, but the time has come when there is only ONE month left in my college program. Can you believe it, one month?! I sure can't. It seems like just yesterday that I was packing up my stuff and driving down to Florida with my mom, and it certainly couldn't have been six months ago! To say that the time has flown by would be an understatement.

Nevertheless, it's here I stand with exactly one month left in my DCP, and it's time to start prioritizing the things I want to do and deciding how I want to spend my last month. My friends and I have started doing a lot of things we've been talking about since we got here: bowling at Splitsville, going to Universal, eating dinner at Dick's Last Resort, watching the fireworks and eating dessert at California Grill, and the list goes on and on. It's been a blast doing these things, but also exhausting at the same time, since I'm constantly running between work, my apartment, and the surrounding Orlando area.

I'm starting to feel bittersweet about a lot of things. Sure, I'm really hot and tired at work, but in one month, I won't ever have to work again, and that's depressing. I've spent six months of my life living every day with these girls in my apartment, but in a month, we're all going to go back to our hometowns, and that's even more depressing. I think the most depressing part is that I won't be able to say I live in Disney World anymore, the happiest place on earth, and my favorite place on the planet.

So, there you have it. It's July 1st. I leave August 1st. My college program is officially winding down. However sad it may be, I'm excited to go out with a bang, so look for lots more posts about the end of my Disney College Program, and all of the fun things I'll be doing between now and August 1st. As always, keep on dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment