July 12, 2014

The First Few Days at Hollywood Studios

If you read my last post, you know that I'm currently working at Hollywood Studios. My official title is "Main Entrance Support" and by that, they really mean handing out Olafs at the main entrance. I was deployed from Animal Kingdom to help out with the Frozen Summer Fun Event. In all honesty, the job is not the most exciting thing in the world. I literally have 6-7 hour shifts where I only hand out Olafs to guests. The one thing I like about the job is that I have a lot of guest interaction; people are constantly asking me questions about the park, how to get places, and about the Frozen Summer Fun events. However, I hate having to be outside in the heat all day, especially since I'm both mentally and physically exhausted after my shift is over. 

With my new job I also have some new hours. I typically work one of two shifts: 9-3:30 or 3:30-10. I like the morning shifts because I finish and have the whole afternoon to do things, but I like the afternoon shifts because I can sleep in and I get to watch the Frozen fireworks at night. 

I am still really missing my job at Nemo and just working at Animal Kingdom in general. I still don't feel 100% comfortable with everything at Hollywood Studios, but I'm learning to just take it one day at a time. I have less than 20 days left in my program, so I know I can get through anything in that short period of time!

If anyone has any specific questions about my deployment, or about deployment in general, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment