August 2, 2014

Disney's Service Celebration

A nice part of the Disney College Program is that they thank their College Program Participants by throwing a service celebration at the end of every program. The celebration that I attended occurred on my second to last day (July 31st) at the Chatham Square field. It was nice to be able to officially "graduate" the program and get my graduation ears and my certificate of completion. However, I was clearly not the only person graduating the program, since we waited in a 40 minute line to check in to the celebration and then a 2 hour line to meet Mickey and Minnie! I thought that was the one thing I was leaving when I departed Disney World - the long lines! Nevertheless, it was worth it, because Mickey and Minnie were very proud of me and it was nice to be able to get some pictures and let loose a little bit. There was music playing, free food, and a lot of people hanging out. After the service celebration I had to go back to my apartment and finish packing up my things, but it was a nice way to unwind and I got some awesome graduation ears (that I had personalized), a nice memory box, a certificate of completion, and most importantly, a great picture with Mickey and Minnie!

My graduation ears

I'm officially a DCP graduate!

No comments:

Post a Comment