August 2, 2014

The Last Few Weeks

The last few weeks of my Disney College Program were kind of a blur, and in hindsight, I think they needed to be that way in order for me to get through them. Basically after my roommate, Megan, left, I was chomping at the bit to wrap up my program and get home. But then suddenly, it hit me. No matter how much I despised Olaf Distribution, or how hot I was all the time, or how much I was ready to see my dog and cat, or how much I hated the afternoon Florida storms, or how lonesome I was for my family and friends at home - I had only a few weeks left in the most magical place on earth. It started to hit me that whenever I did something in the parks or the resorts, it could very well have been my very last time doing those things for a few years. YEARS - can you imagine that? I've had Walt Disney World as my playground for the past 7 months, and now all of a sudden I'm forced to come to grips with the fact that I won't be doing these rides, seeing these shows, watching these fireworks, or shopping in these stores for another few years. The thought alone was enough to make my stomach churn. I started running around in my free time, determined to make the most of my "last time" doing everything. We went to Universal again, I sat by the pool after work, we went to see movies at the theater, we watched all the fireworks shows, and so much more. I began taking pictures of things I never really thought to take pictures of - the thought was always "oh, I'll see it again." But suddenly, I wasn't going to be seeing, doing, or having anything to do with these things again. It was an overwhelming thought, and I truly believe that's why those last few weeks kind of flew by. In all the time that I wasn't working (even though I was getting scheduled for 6 days a week), I was running around, saying goodbye to my favorite people, places and things. I bought all the things I'd been talking about buying for so long (2 Nemo stuffed animals, the Finding Nemo soundtrack, a Nemo ornament... you get the picture). Anyway, I think you probably get it, I was in a frantic rush to make the most of my time. What had seemed like an eternity was finally coming to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment