August 2, 2014

My Family's Last Visit

My family's fourth and final visit coincided with the last week of my Disney College Program. They planned it out so that at the end of their visit, my mom would be able to stay and drive home with me and all of my stuff. I'm really glad that they were all able to come down for one final time and we could spend some time together in Disney, especially since it will probably be a few years before we are all in Walt Disney World again. Since this was the longest period of time that they were with me and also because it was the end of my program, their visit was jam-packed with a lot of fun activities and time well spent.

This visit my family was able to stay in the Grand Floridian Villas, and the resort was BEAUTIFUL! It's definitely my new favorite place to stay. It's super convenient since it's on the monorail line and the grounds are gorgeous.

The Villas Lobby
The Grand Floridian Resort
This visit was also particularly nice because I was able to spend a lot of time with my roommate Allie and my family together. We went on a horse and carriage ride through Port Orleans, visited the parks together, ate at Be Our Guest (twice!), watched the Frozen Fireworks Spectacular, saw Fantasmic, ate dinner at Mama Melrose with Allie's family, and they visited me at work. It was a busy, but fun visit. 

Horse and carriage ride through Port Orleans
Dinner at Be Our Guest
Meeting Mickey
Visiting me at work
Although we had a lot of fun together, I was working a lot too, since it was my last week, and I had my last clockout during their visit. It was a weird experience, I was sad that I was done being a Cast Member, but I was happy to be done work at Hollywood Studios. I think if I had still been at Nemo, my last day would have been different, but nevertheless, it was a weird experience clocking out for the last time. 

The last clockout
Clocking out for the last time
The best day with my family was definitely my last day in the parks, but I'll blog about that in another post dedicated solely to my last day. I want to thank my family once again for all of the time they spent traveling down to Florida to visit me, and for supporting me every step of the way during my Disney Dream. It's been a pleasure working for the mouse, and I'm so thankful to have a family that is so supportive of my dreams. Look for a few more posts coming from me about my final goodbyes and last days in Disney World. Until then, keep on dreaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment