August 11, 2014

The End.

I'm sitting here, struggling to come up with the words to describe my feelings about my Disney College Program. For those of you who know me personally, you know I'm never at a loss for words, so this is a true rarity. But how can I sum up what has come to be the best 7 months of my entire life into one blog post, and make all of you understand what an incredible, life-changing experience this has been for me? Well, the truth is, I can't, but please bear with me as I try...

It's officially been one week since I arrived home from Orlando. I've been running around, seeing friends and family, trying to get ready to go back to Clemson at the end of the week. People ask me, "so how was Disney?" I'm left with the typical responses, "awesome, so much fun, amazing..etc" I've been telling the same funny stories about crazy guest interactions, my wonderful coworkers, my lifelong friends, and crazy roommates stories. But honestly, I think it's the stories I don't tell that really sum up my college program. It was the nights spent sitting in the apartment with my roommates watching TV and eating ice cream, the days where we would run to the parks to literally only meet one character or do one ride, the time spent at Nemo laughing with my coworkers in the middle of one of our many cast parties, and the way that suddenly, without really thinking about it, friends turned into family and moments turned into memories, that truly shaped my Disney College Program experience.

It's funny to think back to me in January, right before I was leaving for my DCP. I had absolutely no idea what was in store for me. And now, sitting back and reflecting on those magical seven months, I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I learned lifelong lessons, made incredible friendships, and truly had the time of my life.

Thank you to everyone who has been a part of my Disney Dream. Dreams really do come true, and I am so thankful to have had the most incredible experience during my Disney College Program.

As Walt once said, "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."

And there you have it, my Disney Dream Come True.


No comments:

Post a Comment