March 3, 2014

1st Family Visit!

For the past few days, I got to experience the Guest side of Walt Disney World again when my family came to visit me! On Wednesday night, I checked into the Boardwalk Villas (we are vacation club members) for them and got the room all ready with groceries, the air mattress, and the presents I bought for them! Their flight landed, we had dinner on the Boardwalk, and then we relaxed in the room until it was time for bed. 

Disney's Boardwalk Resort
The next day, my mom, sister, her friend, and I got up early and went to Magic Kingdom. We ended up spending most of the day there! It was really nice to spend some time there with my family. We had lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern, and then after lunch I left for a brief period to go to my class! We met again for dinner at the Polynesian Resort and ate at the Kona Cafe before going back to the Magic Kingdom and watching Wishes from Main Street USA.

Wishes from Main Street USA
The next day, we all split up, but my mom and I headed to Hollywood Studios for the morning. We saw the Beauty and the Beast show, The Little Mermaid show, rode Tower of Terror, went on the Great Movie Ride, watched One Man's Dream, and grabbed lunch at Pizza Planet. After this, we hopped on the boat to Epcot and met up with my dad. We ended up walking around the countries and enjoying the different sites. We even met some more characters for my character challenge along the way!



That night, we all went back to our resort early, because we had to get ready for dinner at Victoria  & Albert's! This restaurant is located in Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and is the only 5-star restaurant on property. Needless to say, dinner was amazing, and definitely an experience I will not forget. 

My mom and I before dinner
Unfortunately, the next day I had to work, but that didn't stop my family from coming to visit me at Finding Nemo! They came to one of my shows and had premium seats, got to meet some of my coworkers, and saw me in action! Later that night, after my shift was over, we went to Hollywood Studios and had dinner in Mama Melrose's and then watched Fantasmic that night! It was a great day, even though I had to split my time between work and family!

My sister's selfie with me at work
The next morning was supposed to be my last night with my family, but because of all of the crazy winter weather at home (Philadelphia) their flight home was cancelled, so they were forced to stay another day in Disney! It definitely was not a disappoint to me! We had to move hotels because the Boardwalk did not have any more rooms, so we switched to Disney's Old Key West Resort. I love Old Key West, so I was happy to have the extra time with my family at one of my favorite resorts on property. After work that day, I came back to Old Key West and had an Oscar's "party" with my mom in the room. The party basically consisted of us ordering pizza and watching the entire awards show in our pajamas, but I still had a blast!

Unfortunately, our time together had to come to an end, so when I left for work this morning, I had to say goodbye to my family. Luckily for me, we were able to eat a character breakfast at 1900 Park Faire in the Grand Floridian this morning before I had to clock in. We got to meet Alice, Mary Poppins, Mad Hatter, Pooh, and Tigger! It was a great way to end my mini "vacation" with my family. 

Mom, Dad, Colleen, and Katie - thanks for an awesome trip and visit! I miss you guys already, and can't wait to see you again!

Luckily for me, my parents are coming for another visit in 33 days! (yay for vacation club!!!)

So, there's the summary of my first family visit. I had a wonderful time, and am looking forward to many more great memories here on the Disney College Program, both with my friends and family! (:


No comments:

Post a Comment