March 17, 2014

A Thought on Dreams...

While I was working at Nemo today in the pouring rain, wind, and cold weather, it suddenly hit me: I am 20 years old and have already accomplished one of my life dreams. For as long as I can remember, it's been a dream of mine to work for the Walt Disney Company. Growing up coming to the parks, I always felt as though I "belonged" there. I knew that I could be the happy, smiling, and helpful Cast Member who always exceeded Guest expectations. And guess what? I am that person.

This was a welcoming thought in the middle of the torrential downpour that hit central Florida today. Despite the few downfalls that come with being a Cast Member (among them, the temperamental Florida weather), I am doing something that I have dreamed my entire life of doing, and that I am sure many others dream of someday doing.

So, this post is dedicated to all of those dreamers out there. Whether your dream is to apply for the DCP, become a Cast Member, travel, discover the cure for cancer, or change the world, your dreams matter and you should never let anything stop you from achieving your dreams. It doesn't matter if you are 9 years old or 90 years old, it's never too late to make your dreams come true.

Take it from me, Megan, the girl who is currently living her Disney Dream!

Keep on dreaming, dreamers!

No comments:

Post a Comment