May 30, 2014

3rd Family Visit

Over Memorial Day weekend, my family came down again to visit me in Disney World! During this visit, we stayed at the Beach Club Resort. I was able to get to spend 2.5 entire days with them, and during those days we spent time at the pool (which is the largest resort pool on Disney property), did a little bit of shopping, and of course, went to the parks! I also was able to spend time with them before/after I worked, which was nice. It's so much better to go back to a nice resort and good dinner after work than back to my apartment where I make myself a lackluster dinner!

Outside the Beach Club
When I went to Animal Kingdom with my family, we got VIP seating to watch Finding Nemo! We also ate at Yak & Yeti and went on the Maharajah Jungle Trek. In Epcot, we ate at Coral Reef and Le Cellier and watched Illuminations. At Magic Kingdom, my sister's friend, Jenn, was celebrating her 18th birthday, so my family was able to spend the entire day together, including eating breakfast at Cinderella's Castle with the princesses and riding the Seven Dwarves Mine Train on the first day it opened! Finally, before I drove them to the airport, we had breakfast at Cape May Cafe with Minnie, Donald, and Goofy. It was awesome to spend some time with my family and show them what it's like to live and work in Disney. 

Breakfast in Cinderella's Castle
The best part about saying goodbye to my family this time is that I get to see them again in less than a week! This Thursday, I am flying home for a week to help celebrate my sister's high school graduation. Obviously, I am beyond thrilled to be going home for a mini-vacation and to be able to see my extended family and friends from home, and MY DOG AND CAT!!!! 

Stay tuned for more exciting posts, and as always, keep on dreaming!


No comments:

Post a Comment