May 18, 2014

Spring vs. Spring Advantage

If you're considering applying for the DCP or even if you're just curious about the application process, a huge part of the experience is applying for spring vs. spring advantage (or fall, fall advantage). The spring advantage program runs from January/February - May and the Advantage program runs until August. Basically, the difference is that spring advantage DCPers work during the summer months.

For me personally, I am so glad that I am doing the spring advantage program. I am not in any way ready to leave Florida yet, and I feel like I have so much left that I still want to do! However, I have a lot of friends and coworkers that feel differently. Some of my friends who are doing the spring program wish that they had extended and were staying longer. Others who are doing spring advantage wish that they had only done spring, because they are ready to leave now. I honestly think that your job has a lot to do with your happiness and wanting to stay or leave early. I love my job, my coworkers, and all my friends here, so I am so glad that I am staying for a few more months. I have some friends though, that hate their jobs, and thus are wishing that they had only signed up to do the spring program.

The one thing I will say about doing the spring program is that you have the option to extend your program through the summer. Basically, if you have a good record card, you will probably be given the opportunity to extend. Additionally, with that extension opportunity you can stay in the same job or you can switch jobs, which is also a nice incentive.

I recommend the spring advantage program because I don't think 4 months is long enough to be here for! However, I do have friends that would say differently, so my best advice to all of my readers is to do whatever you think is best for you. Take into consideration all of your options, and then decide how much time you want to spend in the happiest place on earth (:

No comments:

Post a Comment