June 3, 2016

Hello, Orlando!

I've made it! After about a 15 hour drive from Pennsylvania I am finally here in Orlando!

Yesterday my mom, sister, and I drove all the way from Philadelphia to St. Augustine, Florida. It was a really long day, but we felt very accomplished to have made it to Florida in one day's worth of driving. We left at 4:00am and arrived in St. Augustine around 6:30pm, so needless to say it was an exhausting day. Thankfully, because we got all the way to St. Augustine on the first day, we had a less than 2 hour drive to Orlando this morning! As soon as we arrived, we headed right to the furniture store to buy me a mattress, dresser, and sofa! It was super exciting to be able to pick out my own furniture (I felt like an actual adult) and I was so relieved that we were able to work it out so that my stuff could be delivered on Monday morning to my apartment. After furniture shopping, we grabbed some lunch, went to the grocery store to buy some things for my family for the weekend, and then checked into our hotel. After finally relaxing for a few hours, we headed to Disney Springs (still not sure if I can get used to its new name) for dinner and a fun evening! Disney Springs was almost completely unrecognizable to me - they've made so many changes and improvements since my last visit 2 years ago! It looks fantastic though, and I'm so excited to see how it all comes together once it is completely finished.

Welcome to Disney Springs!
We ate at Paradiso 37, which was somewhere new for all of us! The atmosphere was a lot of fun, the music was great, and we had a beautiful view of the sunset. The minute I saw the sunset I immediately fell in love with Florida all over again. I had to practically pinch myself when I realized I get to call this beautiful state home for the next year (and hopefully longer)!

The first of many Florida sunsets (the pictures doesn't even begin to capture the beauty!)
Tomorrow and Sunday we plan to do some last minute shopping and hopefully hit the Disney parks! There's a tropical storm that is supposed to make landfall in Florida soon, so it looks like a lot of rain is in the forecast for this weekend, but we're hoping to snag a few nice hours in the parks before the torrential downpour reaches Orlando.

I'm so thrilled to actually be here, IN ORLANDO(!), and ready to start this next chapter of my life. I hope you all enjoy following my Disney Dream, because I know for sure I am going to enjoy living it!

1 comment: