June 8, 2016

Move In, Check In, & Casting


I've had a busy few days since my last post! On Monday I moved into my apartment with my roommates, Allie and Megan. It was a crazy day of unpacking, shopping, and assembling furniture! The day was even crazier because a Tropical Storm came through the area. Luckily, I was able to get all of my furniture and belongings inside before it started raining, so I stayed pretty dry during the storm!

We moved into a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom apartment in Davenport, Florida, which is about 20 minutes from Disney property. The area is very nice and the apartment is fantastic! I had a blast decorating and trying to make my bedroom my own. We still have some more decorating to do in the common areas, but the apartment is definitely coming together very nicely and I'm thrilled to be living with Megan and Allie again.

I also had to say goodbye to my parents and sister this week. They left the day after move-in, so the night before they left the four of us went out to our last family dinner for a while. We ate at Olivia's which is the restaurant at Old Key West Resort. Dinner was really good and we even experienced a magical moment while at dinner. My parents actually became Disney Vacation Club members and owners at Old Key West during their honeymoon 25 years ago. When we were talking to the waitress about this, she decided to make some magic for us during dessert! They made a toast to my parents and brought them out complimentary champagne and gave them a customized picture of the resort as a gift! We also all took a picture together with the chef, the manager of the restaurant, and some of the Cast Members working. It was honestly so much fun and I was so excited that my family got to experience a magical moment before leaving Disney!

Thanks to the amazing staff at Olivia's for making some magic for my family!
So, after moving in, saying goodbye to my family, and getting reacquainted with the Orlando area, I officially started my internship experience today! I had a Casting appointment at 11:30 this morning where I was fingerprinted, hired, and given more information about my training schedule. Basically, once you complete your Casting appointment, you are officially hired on by the Disney Team (assuming you pass your background check, of course!) Casting was so easy today. I was in and out of the building in less than 20 minutes, which is pretty incredible considering that during my College Program it took me two hours to get through Casting. I think the process is much easier and quicker for PI's because there are fewer of us, which is great for me! 

The Casting Center
Now I am officially checked in and ready to begin my internship. Tomorrow I will attend The Gathering to meet up with the fellow ASE interns and meet the ASE managers. I'll get the rest of my training schedule tomorrow before I have Traditions on Saturday morning. Be on the lookout for many more posts coming soon because the next few weeks are going to be so exciting as I start my dream internship!

No comments:

Post a Comment