January 16, 2014

Fun with Friends & Housing Meeting

Before the DORMS system came out, the original plan was to have a 4 bedroom in Chatham Square, so that there would be 8 girls living together. When we had to split up, we all agreed to still meet and go out to dinner the second night of our arrival! So, my roommates and I met the other four girls (Angie, Melanie, Brittany, and Kate) at the bus stop and we all went to Downtown Disney for dinner at Planet Hollywood on Tuesday night! We had a really fun night, exploring Downtown Disney and then eating a really awesome dinner. We had a fantastic waiter named Tim, who performed the Single Ladies dance for us in the middle of the restaurant! We all also ordered fancy drinks in souvenir cups and had nice meals.

My Planet Hollywood Souvenir cup

All of us with our waiter
After a great night, my roommates and I came back and watched a movie and then fell asleep. Wednesday morning, I had a housing meeting over at the Commons, which is another DCP housing complex. The housing meeting is basically just where you go over the rules to living in the housing complexes. No weapons, drugs, threats, etc. It was all pretty basic, but they tried their best to make it fun and exciting for the participants. 

The housing meeting
After the housing meeting, my roommates and I went on a group shopping trip to Walmart. We bought a few things that the apartment didn't have (for me, it was baking sheets and tupperware). We also bought cookie dough so that we could bake later on! 

I cooked for the first time ever last night, spaghetti and meatballs! I was surprised with how well it came out, and quite proud of myself. Now I guess I have to learn how to cook other things... great. After dinner, we baked cookies, and then bagged them up and wrote little notes on the bags and went around our apartment building and delivered them to all of our neighbors! Most of the people we met were really nice and grateful for the cookies. It was an awesome way to meet people and let them know that we were looking for friends!

My first ever home-cooked meal!
To end the night, we took a walk around the complex and checked out the pool, fitness center, and clubhouse. It's a really nice area, and I'm really happy that we chose to live in Chatham. We also met some guys from our apartment building that weren't there when we originally delivered the cookies, and we ended up talking to them for a while and watching a movie with them!

Overall, it was a really great day. It's been really nice having all of this time to get to know my roommates better and we all seem to be getting along well! I'm so excited for when we can go into the parks for the first time together! Speaking of, I have my Traditions class tomorrow, and then start training on Sunday, so look out for more posts about those days!



No comments:

Post a Comment