January 4, 2014

It's Almost Time!!

With 6 days until I leave for my program, and 9 days until the start of my program, you could say that my anticipation level is through the roof! It still doesn't feel real that I start my Disney College Program so soon. I feel like it was just yesterday that I applied, and now here I am with my days limited to the single digits!
So, an update on what's been going on since my last post. I finished my semester at Clemson, and had to say goodbye to all of my friends. It was really hard saying goodbye and knowing we wouldn't see each other again until August, but I know that once I get to Disney, make friends, and settle in, that it will all be worth it. Some of my friends even promised to come visit me, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!! 

Disney was supposed to send me an email about filling out my new hire paperwork, but I never got the email. I called them twice about it, and after the second phone call (with a very helpful cast member!) I got it all figured out and began the process of filling out my new hire paperwork. The paperwork is essentially you electronically signing a bunch of papers that give you information about working for Disney, including their policies and procedures. I had some technical difficulties filling the forms out at first, but after I looked up some help hints on the Facebook group, I was able to get it all sorted out and submitted. I also learned that you can fill out the forms during your check in, so there's no real need to fill them out beforehand, it's just to make the check in process go more quickly and save people some time.

A few days ago, I got my DORMS email. DORMS is the new system that Disney is using the help the college program participants indicate their preferences as to roommates, apartment complex, and apartment size. It's another tool designed to make check in easier on everyone. Unfortunately, because my arrival date is one of the earlier ones, there were no 4 bedrooms available, so my group of 8 had to split into 2 groups of 4. But, we all did agree to still go out to dinner on our first night and get to know one another in the hopes that we can all still be friends! As far as the DORMS system goes, it's extremely straight forward and really user-friendly. 

As for now, I'm just waiting. I've made a packing list, and am starting to try to get together with people before I leave at the end of this week. I'm checking the Facebook group (almost obsessively), trying to get any last helpful hints about check in and stuff. 

I promise to write about my check in day (January 13th!!) and let everyone know the details about my role, apartment, roommates, and everything else about the Disney College Program! I want to try to blog pretty frequently so that I can share my experience with others! 

For now, I hope all your Disney Dreams come true... See you on the 13th!

No comments:

Post a Comment