January 25, 2014

Play Time

While a huge component of the Disney College Program is working, there's also plenty of free time to go and play in the parks, which is arguably one of the best parts of the program! I had off these past two days (Friday and Saturday) so I spent my free time doing laundry, running errands, and of course, going to the parks!

On Thursday night after work, my roommate Allie and I went to the Magic Kingdom from 8-10 to close the park. We got there right after 8 and caught the end of Wishes from Main Street, which was so beautiful, even through the crowd.


After the fireworks. the majority of the crowd leaves the Magic Kingdom, so it was the perfect time to stay and hit some rides! We ate our first dole whips together, rode a bunch of rides, and even got to meet Ariel at her grotto (yes, this was the second time for me)! It was a great night (:


On Friday, I slept in for the first time in a while, which was so nice! When I got up, I had to do my laundry. I also went on a grocery shopping trip with one of my neighbors and cleaned up the apartment a little bit. That night, my roommate Danielle and I went to Downtown Disney to check out the stores.

This morning (Saturday), I slept in again, and then tried out the apartment complex's gym for the first time! It's really tiny and doesn't have many machines, but I'll have to make it work for the time being. I came back and showered, and then went to Hollywood Studios for the day with my neighbors! We had a ton of fun going on the rides and seeing the shows. We also stayed to see Fantasmic, which is arguably my favorite nighttime show in Disney World. It was fabulous and definitely did not disappoint!

Hollywood Studios!
The end of the Fantasmic show!
So, as you can tell, free entrance into any of the Disney theme parks is just another great perk of the Disney College Program! I'm looking forward to many more days spent with my friends in the theme parks. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment